Access and close communication with our heavenly Father is available through prayer. This series examines what can occur if we PAUSE and PRAY.
Pastor Ron explores these questions in the first installment of "Pause."
What is prayer? Why do we pray? What do I need to pray about? How do I remember what to pray? How much do I need to pray? How do I pray? How do I develop patience while waiting? Does prayer make a difference? Just how important is it that I learn to pray?
Scripture References: Luke 16:15; Romans 8:26; Matthew 7:11; 1 Samuel 1:17-18
1. Recognize to whom you are praying. (Psalm 8; Psalm 138:17-18)
2. Pray from an established relationship. (Exodus 33:11)
3. Pray within the context of truth. (Jeremiah 10:10; Psalm 31:4; John 4)
4. Keep the relationship healthy. (1 John 1:9; Matthew 11:25-26)
5. Pray with an end result in mind. (Matthew 11:25-26)