We serve in our church, our community, and our world, investing in the lives of others, expecting nothing in return and seeking only to love our neighbors.
We believe that the ultimate goal of a Christ follower is to be a servant. As we serve, our prayer is that we will love God and others more, and so fulfill the greatest commandments of God.
Serve Where You Are+
We encourage everyone who attends Immanuel to serve, both inside Immanuel’s walls and out. You may wonder – when we mention serving outside the walls of the church, what do we mean?
Ask yourself these questions to help you better understand how you can do this:
• Is there some place I go on a regular basis where I can share the love of God with people?
• When I serve, am I thinking and praying about how I can share the good news of Jesus with people there?
• Am I serving in a place where I can meet people who have no church home or do not have a relationship with Jesus?
• Where in our city are there hurting people?
• How can I share the hope and the love of Jesus in my neighborhood? At my children’s school? At my children’s extracurricular activities? Where I work? In the places where I go on a regular basis?
• Is there an activity in my life I need to stop in order to have more time to “serve” outside the church?
• Does my serving in some way, say “ I love my community because I love God?”
• What is the specific mission God has given me based on the gifts, talents, interests and abilities He has given me?
• Have I considered giving 3 hours per week to God by Gathering(worshipping) for one hour, growing(Bible Study) for one hour, and serving for one hour? Is there a healthy balance between these 3 activities in how I spend my time?
If you need any help answering these questions – or finding a place to serve – please contact us. Our heart is to see the Gospel spread throughout our community and we believe God wants to use each of us in this Kingdom work.
Visit the Sending Center for resources on discipleship, evangelism, missional living, and prayer, and to find information on current serve opportunities.
Interested in helping in the Sending Center? We are looking for a volunteer to work about 10 hours a month with Sending Center operations. Contact Kelly Hale, email@example.com if you are interested.
Parking Lot ministry+
We have an urgent need for 40 volunteers to work in the church parking lot on Sunday mornings, greeting people and helping people find parking spots. Contact Jeff Story, firstname.lastname@example.org to see how you can be a part of this important ministry.
Volunteering in Schools+
Immanuel has a school partnership with Cardinal Valley Elementary School. You can start serving at Cardinal Valley with us! We need people to:
If you are interested in serving at Cardinal Valley, please contact Jeff Story at email@example.com or call 859-685-3204.
Working with Marginalized People+
Immanuel partners with great organizations that work with marginalized people. We would love for you to join in!
Working with Single Moms+
Interested in serving local single moms? Check out these two organizations and find a place to serve!
If you are interested in serving at Cardinal Valley, please contact Kelly Hale (firstname.lastname@example.org or 859-685-3204).
Fostering and Adoption+
Kentucky has almost 8000 children in the foster care system. Who better to step in and care for hurting children than the Church! Immanuel supports Sunrise Children’s Services, an organization that offers both foster care and residential treatment to children in the state foster care system. Find out how you can help Sunrise support and care for children waiting for a forever home here.
Immanuel also has a support group for parents who are fostering and adopting. More information is here.
Want more information on foster and adoption opportunities? Contact Kelly Hale, email@example.com.
Have an interest in serving on construction teams or doing landscape work? Here are a few opportunities:
Working with Children/Youth/Young Adults in the Church+
We love seeing people invest in our church family by serving in our different ministries. Some places you can serve include:
*Please note that the safety of our children is our top priority! All volunteers will need to undergo a background check and meet with someone on staff in the corresponding ministry.
Recreation and Sports Ministry+
We have thousands of people who utilize our Recreation Outreach Center (ROC) each week and hundreds of families who play Upward Sports with us. You can get involved in this unique outreach by:
Building Maintenance and Room Set Up+
We have many groups and ministries that use our facilities, which can require a lot of work in switching rooms from the needs of one group to the needs of another. If you can help with building maintenance and making minor repairs or breaking down and setting up rooms, please contact Kevin Reitz (firstname.lastname@example.org or 859-685-3233).
First Impressions Ministry+
Our First Impressions team serves as the face of Immanuel to all our guests and ensures they have a positive experience visiting Immanuel! We need volunteers to serve:
To volunteer, contact Beth Degler ( goodhairdayswithbeth@gmail.