We serve in our church, our community, and our world, investing in the lives of others, expecting nothing in return and seeking only to love our neighbors.
We believe that the ultimate goal of a Christ follower is to be a servant. As we serve, our prayer is that we will love God and others more, and so fulfill the greatest commandments of God.
Serve Where You Are+
We are continually encouraging everyone who attends Immanuel to serve. You may wonder – when we mention serving outside the walls of the church, what do we mean?
Asking yourself a few questions may help you better understand this part of our strategy.
• Is there some place I go on a regular basis where I can share the love of God with people?
• When I serve, am I thinking and praying about how I can share the good news of Jesus with people there?
• Am I serving in a place where I can meet people who have no church home or do not have a relationship with Jesus?
• Where in our city are there hurting people?
• How can I share the hope and the love of Jesus in my neighborhood? At my children’s school? On my children’s sports teams? Where I work? In the places where I go on a regular basis?
• Is there an activity in my life I need to stop in order to have more time to “serve” outside the church?
• Does my serving. in some way, say “ I love my community because I love God?”
• What is the specific mission God has given me based on the gifts, talents, interests and abilities He has given me?
• Have I considered giving 3 hours per week to God by Gathering(worshipping) for one hour, growing(Bible Study) for one hour, and serving for one hour? Is there a healthy balance between these 3 activities in how I spend my time?
If you need any help answering these questions – or finding a place to serve – please contact us. Our heart is to see the Gospel spread throughout our community – and, we believe God wants to use each of us in this Kingdom work.
URGENT NEED !!!+
We have an urgent need for 40 volunteers to work in the church parking lot on Sunday mornings, greeting people and helping people find parking spots. Contact Jeff Story, firstname.lastname@example.org to see how you can be a part of this important ministry.
Volunteering in Schools+
Immanuel has a school partnership with Cardinal Valley Elementary School. You can start serving at Cardinal Valley with us! We need people to:
If you are interested in serving at Cardinal Valley, please contact Kelly Hale at email@example.com or call 859-685-3204.
Working with Marginalized People+
Immanuel partners with great organizations that work with marginalized people. We would love for you to join in!
Working with Single Moms+
Interested in serving local single moms? Check out these two organizations and find a place to serve!
Have an interest in serving on construction teams or doing landscape work? Here are a few opportunities:
Working with Children/Youth/Young Adults in the Church+
We love seeing people invest in our church family by serving in our different ministries. Some places you can serve include:
*Please note that the safety of our children is our top priority! All volunteers will need to undergo a background check and meet with someone on staff in the corresponding ministry.
Recreation and Sports Ministry+
We have thousands of people who utilize our Recreation Outreach Center (ROC) each week and hundreds of families who play Upward Sports with us. You can get involved in this unique outreach by:
If you are interested in serving at Cardinal Valley, please contact Kelly Hale (firstname.lastname@example.org or 859-685-3204).
Building Maintenance and Room Set Up+
We have many groups and ministries that use our facilities, which can require a lot of work in switching rooms from the needs of one group to the needs of another. If you can help with building maintenance and making minor repairs or breaking down and setting up rooms, please contact Kevin Reitz (email@example.com or 859-685-3233).
First Impressions Ministry+
Our First Impressions team serves as the face of Immanuel to all our guests and ensures they have a positive experience visiting Immanuel! We need volunteers to serve:
To volunteer, contact Beth Degler ( goodhairdayswithbeth@gmail.